about us
BRIEF HISTORY OF NOTRE DAME OF BANGA, INC.
With the burning desire to spread the Gospel, the Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI) Fathers, founded the education institution named Notre Dame of Banga in 1952. Theinstitution, standing in 10 hectares land area stated as an Oblates school and is situated a the heart of the Municipality of Banga, Province of South Cotabato, Philippines.
Challenged by the great task of being “Fishers of Men”, Bishop Gerald Mongeau, OMI, the bishop of Cotabato proposed to the Augustinian Recollect Missionaries(ARM) at Colegio de Sta. Rita, Quiapo, Manila to take over the administration of the school on1955. After a thorough study, the Sisters accepted it on May 11, 1956. Inspired and moved by the charism of their foundresses, Sor Dionisia de Sta. Maria and Sor CeciliaRosa de Jesus Talangpaz, three sisters assumed the management of the school headed by Rev. Mother Mary Bernard Matanguihan, ARM.
The dedication and noble apostolate of the ARM (now Augustinian Recollect Sisters) were felt and witnessed by the community. From then on, the enrolment steadily increased. To meet the demands of increasing enrolment, more Classrooms and facilities were constructed including Sisters’ convent and chapel. Several AR sisters were commissioned to administer the school with the support of the Parish priest, Rev.Father Betelsman and its parishioners particularly the Segovia family.
It was in the 9-year administration of Sister Aurelia Cagang, AR ( 1986-1995), that the ownership of the school was transferred to the Congregation of the Augustinian Recollect Sisters. Through the joint project of the PATAS and the school, facilities were improved such as the constructions of the administrative building , the gymnasium, conference/ Audio-Visual room, the Guidance office, information center, the sunken basketball court, the bleachers and the spacious canteen were just some of them. The centralized student council, the Augustinian Recollect Student Crusaders (ARSC) was organized. The pre-school and complete elementary schools were created and received Government Recognition No. 003 s. 1992. The Alumna ay, 2022 5 Oey organized. The Office of the Prefect of Discipline was created. The newton air-conditioned computer room was now ready for use, y onetriyt.
It was In SY 2001-2002, that the Golden Jubilee Celebration Was lay Alma Alaras, AR as Principal, The celebration was supported by the ser With parents, and alumni, Sr, Ma. Goretti Cul, AR, made a joyous celebrations oT Anniversary of the great Notre Dame of Banga. he Geli